Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Reflection of myself 2015.


As part of the 2015 Art Project, with Victoria Teasdale in Mexborough, United Kingdom

The year long project is focused on creating art as a reflection on self improvement, self awareness, and self worth, self healing, and self compassion.   I thought it would be a great project since I am transforming my life with my recent choice of having Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) surgery. I have read many stories of the ups and downs of this process and thought this might be a great way to help me through the tough time that will surely come up!

Week One kicked off  with a wonderful project exploring how the past has shaped us to be the person you are today. The words on my girl's shirts are words that I believe describe me or would like the world to see me as.

Her eyes are closed as she reflects on her life.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment