Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thusday Design Team! Family Movie Inspiration

Hi Everybody!  Happy Thankful Thursday!

Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  The challenge this week was to create a project that is your family's favorite movie. Well, my family is all adults and frankly I was not even sure what to create for this project.  The real problem is that I no longer have little ones.  My family movies are not necessarily "family friendly" themed.  Every time I thought of a movie that my family watches and gathers together to enjoy, I just kept coming up with movies like GodFather or Goodfellas.  EEEKS! So I put my thinking cap on that I remember that I used to say this quote to my son when he was younger and I would tickle his feet or shoulders.  Cory would laugh so much and thinking about this cherished moment..it was obvious what my project would be.   After all the laughing and giggling my little smartie pants, Cory James,  would remind me that boys are not "pretty" and nor do we have a dog and we would continue to giggle.  As a mother, you can not agrue with that kind of logic!



Here is my project:
My project is inspired by the wonderful family movie "Wizard of Oz" The paper pattern was courtesy of Little Scraps of Heaven Designs from their collection called "Land of Oz"
I printed the quote and placed in a black frame.  I added the floral embellishment as well, I used lime green, ruby red with glitter (inspired by Dorthy's shoes of course!, and yellow (yellow brick road)  I added the last piece...a emerald rhinestone center!









Blog Candy to win!
We always have an awesome prize this month, it's currently the prize is a Post-it prize pack)!!  Don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut (http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/), and enter your family project!

Please take a moment to visit the other great artists on the Thankful Thursday Design Team too!






Tanya

Bobbi     YOU ARE HERE!

Angie

Paula 


Brynn

Lola

Heather (but I go by Ruby on my blog, it's explained there)

Leah

3 comments:

  1. How sweet it is to have a project bring you back years ago when lil ones were little!!! LOVE it!!! Gotta love the logic our kids posses... hehe.. Your lil bear is adorable atop that broom!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute!! It's one of my favorite movies. My son's name is Owen, but thanks to the Wiz... we call him Owie... think of the soldiers singing O-E-O --- OOOO!! :) Sorry... your project is awesome and what a cute story to go along with it!

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaw, that is too cute.. love your little die cut character..
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at Whimsical Wednesdays.
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete