Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just a check in

Hi everyone, sorry I have not posted too much in the last week.  We had a huge party for Brett, my husband to celebrate his turning the big 40!

We had the party at my in-laws and they live about 1.5 hours away.  I was responsible for all the decorations and the picture boards.  It was exhausting but well worth all the effort.  Brett really enjoyed his special day!

Here are just some pictures of the party!  Enjoy!
 Monkey Birthday Cake for hubbie!
This is my husband's birthday cake.  We used his baby picture as the face of the monkey!  It was not only an adorable designed cake but tasty too!

No more monkeys jumping on the bed! 
I created 40 monkeys for the lawn...this picture was taken before shipped off to my In-Laws.

Monkey Cakes
I will never claim that baking is something I love to do or that I am good at!  I made chocolate cupcakes with banana frosting (thanks Christine for the help making the frosting!) They were a huge hit at the party and everyone loved them!
My hubbie enjoying his "monkey juice".

The monkey party theme was fun.  I am so glad and grateful that I have this big, funny, loving, caring guy in my life!  Happy Birthday Brett!

No comments:

Post a Comment