Thursday, December 1, 2011

Retro Checkbook Cover


I know some of you are asking yourselves...a checkbook?  
What is that?
Do they make those anymore?
Does having a checkbook makes me old school?  
Not very environmentally friendly? 
I don't know, but it makes me feel better having a Plan "B" in case all my online banking transactions freeze or some sort of disaster should happen...regardless...
As I spend my hard earned money to pay off my car insurance at least I have something pretty to pull out of my purse and brings me joy when I use it.

Of course, if you don't "do" old style banking, these make great custom pocket calendars as well!

I love making these each year for my family and friends.  They are easy to make and CHEAP!  These pocket calendars can be purchased for $1.00 at Michael's, Joanne's, & Dollar Tree.

All you need to do to create your own is to:
  • Pull out the calendar inside and measure.  
  • Cut your card stock (pictured above is card stock for DCWV Rock Star)
  • Find or Create a paper piecing (next one I am making is going to be a cupcake!)
  • Add a little saying if you like, initials, or an inside joke you and a friend share to the cover!

Ta-Da!  A very cute customized gift for someone special in your life!






No comments:

Post a Comment